Having spent a great week at the Hotel Garbe in April 2009 we were eagerly awaiting our return in May 2010. This time we were delighted to bring our latest addition to the family, a 9 month old boy. I am delighted to say the Hotel once again made our holiday a memorable one for all the right reasons.
Myself and my wife along with our two children had a great holiday. We are only home a week and we are planning our next visit.
Where do I start,
1. The family suite was perfect. Very spacious with air conditioning, mini fridge, tea/coffee making facilities etc and the best beach views on the Algarve.
2. The rooms as always were spotless and the housekeeping staff always had a smile for you..oh and the entire hotel staff are so good with young children.
3. The pool was so nice and relaxed. Despite having very 'mobile' baby we all enjoyed the pool. The sun lounge area was quiet and relaxed and the beach bar was ideal for snacks and their cool freshly squeezed orange juice is something else!!
4. The buffet breakfast every morning was as good as I remembered it. It's good to see a hotel that does not cut corners on quality, the food was very good with a fine selection of hot and cold food available on the buffet.
5. The Indian cuisine at the Raj Restaurant was top notch.
6. The location of the hotel on the beach is so convenient, a minute's walk will bring you onto a beautiful beach.
7. Finally, in the evening my wife and I loved retiring to the bar for a drink to watch the sun set. The views from the bar provided the perfect backdrop to end another fine day on the Algarve.
Overall the hotel was ideal for us. It is so relaxed and you can see that on the faces of the guests, smiles all round. Friendly staff, very reasonable prices and a view of the Atlantic to die for....what else do you need.
We will definitely return in 2011.